The following policy applies to the ELTiS® web site together with our services (hereinafter referred as “Site” or “Services”) operated by Ballard & Tighe, Publishers, a division of Educational IDEAS, Inc., (hereinafter referred as “B&T” or “We.”) Your privacy is important to us and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you.
This policy also explains the choices you have about how we use the information about you. Your choices include how you can object to certain uses of information about you and how you can access and update certain information about you. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide your information to us, as further described below.
We collect information about you when you create or modify an account through our Services. For example, you provide your contact information when you submit a questionnaire to create a new account for our Services.
Information you provide through our support channels
The Services also include our customer support channels where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with our Service to our support team, customer representatives, or support ticket. You will be asked to provide contact information to validate your account and/or identity and any other information that would be helpful in resolving the issue. For example, you may request the account ownership to be updated from you to a new contact.
Content you provide through our Site
We collect and store information that you input into the Site as further described below.
- As it relates to administrators/staff: This includes information on users authorized to access the Site under the account including branch administrators and staff. The Site collects personal information including branch name, code, type, province, country, the branch administrator’s name, e-mail, phone, and access permission.
- As it relates to test takers: We collect relevant information from ELTiS applicants so it may be shared with educational institutions or organizations that recognize ELTiS scores. Such information includes test takers’ names, photos, document type and number, birthdates, demographic information, and score data.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
By default, when you visit our Site, our web servers store aggregated information about the browser and operating system you use, the web site from which you visit us, the date of the visit, and the IP address assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- As it relates to administrators/staff: We use information collected during registration to perform customer inquiries. For example, if you request contact information/service changes for your account or technical support for the site, we will use the information provided to validate your account and perform such requests. We also use your contact information to send transactional communications via e-mail and within the Services, including confirming your account activation, responding to your support tickets, sending system maintenance notices and product feature updates.
- As it relates to test takers: Test taker information is required to validate a test taker’s identity before test administration and to produce individual and group reports. Test takers' responses are used to properly score the test.
For research and development
We are always looking for ways to make our Services smarter, faster, more secure, integrated, and useful to you. B&T uses this assessment data for internal business purposes. Test takers’ information in an aggregated or anonymous form may be used for statistical analysis purposes and aimed at improving the quality of the test.
For safety and security
We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity, and to identify violations of Service policies.
To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights
Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests, and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger, or sale of a business.
LEGAL BASES FOR COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you our Services, including to operate our Services, provide customer support and personalized features, and to protect the safety and security of our Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our Services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g., your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using our Services.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below, including in connection with possible business transfers, but we are not in the business of selling information about you to advertisers or other third parties.
- As it relates to administrators/staff: If you register or access our Services using an e-mail address with a domain that is owned by your employer or organization, and such organization wishes to establish a branch account, certain information about you including your name, contact info, content, and past use of your account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator and other Service users sharing the same domain. If you are an administrator for a particular branch or group of users within the Services, we may share your contact information with current or past Service users, for the purpose of facilitating Service-related requests.
- As it relates to test takers: Test taker information is not shared between branch accounts. If you input the test taker information into your branch, that test taker information cannot be accessed by another branch account unless you are the account administrator for both branches in question.
HOW WE STORE AND SECURE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We have taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information maintained by us. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of private information.
How long we keep information
To maintain Site’s optimum performance and data handling, we reserve the right to delete test records after a two-year period if necessary. Thus, test records at the individual student level may no longer be available. Customers may export the data from the Site at any time prior to the two-year period for internal archiving purposes.
We retain your account information for as long as your account is active. If the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g., your employer), we retain your information as long as required by the administrator of your account. If you have elected to receive product update e-mails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our Services. If you delete your account, we'll also delete this information. But please note: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
We will not, without your prior consent, disclose Personal Information collected about you on this web site to any other party. Further, we do not sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information to any other third parties except as required by law or permitted under the Privacy Act.
USE OF INTERNET COOKIES
HOW TO CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Services and using settings available within the Services or your account. Where the Services are administered for you by an administrator (see “Notice to End Users” below), you may need to contact your administrator to assist with your requests first. For all other requests, you may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below to request assistance.
- Access and update your information: Our Services give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can access your profile information from your account and update your privacy preference.
- Deactivate your account: If you no longer wish to use our Services, you or your administrator may be able to deactivate your Services account. If you can deactivate your own account, that setting is available to you in your account settings. Otherwise, please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator and are unable to deactivate an account through your administrator settings, please contact our support team. Please be aware that deactivating your account does not delete your information; your information remains visible to other Service users based on your past participation within the Services. Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using, and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time. You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us, as provided below. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is a delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved, provided your administrator does not object (where applicable). If you object to information about you being shared with a third-party, please contact your administrator to do so.
- Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each e-mail, updating your e-mail preferences within your Service account settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional e-mail list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services. You can opt out of some notification messages in your account settings.
HOW WE TRANSFER INFORMATION WE COLLECT INTERNATIONALLY
When collecting your information, your data is encrypted before it is stored in our cloud services located in the United States. The encryption is used to protect the data that you don’t want anyone else to have access to. Thus, cross-border data flows cannot take place without collecting and sending personal data across borders.
Protecting your privacy
We take every step possible to protect your privacy. We also employ security measures to protect personal information in storage. The data will always remain protected, and we will never add you to any e-mail lists unless you make a specific request for us to do so. We use any information we gather only to help us understand your needs and make our web site or products more valuable to you. We will not provide any personal information to other companies or individuals without your permission and we won’t sell your personal information to anyone.
B&T may disclose to authorized law enforcement personnel the personal data from anyone who poses a threat. This might include those that are attempting to commit fraud or those who conduct activities that could bring harm to others.
Notice to end users
Our products are intended for use by organizations. Where the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g., your employer), that organization is the administrator of the Services and is responsible for the accounts and/or Service sites over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that organization's policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator's organization, which may be different than this policy.
Administrators are able to:
- require you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to the Services;
- access information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- restrict, suspend, or terminate your account access;
- change the e-mail address associated with your account;
- change your information, including profile information;
- restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify, or delete information.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
Ballard & Tighe, Publishers
Re: ELTiS Privacy
471 Atlas Street
Brea, Ca 92821
(800) 321-4332/ (714) 990-4332